Shebikeshebikes booking Terms & Conditions
1. DEPOSITS– a 20% deposit is required to confirm your booking (whether solely bike hire or packages including bike hire, accommodation, baggage transfers and transport). This may be paid by internet banking or credit card (Visa or Mastercard – a 2% credit card service fee will apply) by phone or email. In the case where payment is paid by International Monetary Transfer (IMT) then all processing fees need to be met by you as in most cases there is a fee to you to initiate the transfer and a fees to us to accept the inbound transfer. Please make sure at the time of setting up an IMT that you select the option to bear the cost of both outbound and inbound fees.
If your booking is made within 30 days of your departure date then you must pay the entire cost of the booking as confirmation.
2. PAYMENT IN FULL – Payment must be made in full, a minimum of 30 days prior to your departure date, if paying by credit card then a 2% service fee will apply to this payment. International customers please note that payment is only accepted by Visa or Mastercard currently. In the case where payment is paid by International Monetary Transfer (IMT) then all processing fees need to be met by you as in most cases there is a fee to you to initiate the transfer and a fees to us to accept the inbound transfer. Please make sure at the time of setting up an IMT that you select the option to bear the cost of both outbound and inbound fees.
3. CHANGES– Our itinerary service is provided to you at no cost and we are happy to make changes at no charge up until the point that you pay your deposit. Paying your deposit indicates that you understand your itinerary and are happy with the arrangements detailed in your itinerary. If at a later time your plans change and you wish to amend your itinerary, for example
– modify dates
– change your accommodation
– change your transport
– reducing the number of bags you wish to have shifted
then please note we reserve the right to add an administration charge in order to make the requested changes and reprint any material that we’ve prepared for you. If you are transferring your itinerary to new dates after you have confirmed your itinerary and paid your deposit then there is a $60 admin fee to do this. Other changes will be charged at an hourly rate of $30 / hour spent and charged in 1 hour blocks. Depending on when you decide to make changes, other fees may levied by 3rd party providers or their terms may change. We will notify you of these and pass any charges onto you. Changes can be made up to 30 days prior to departure. Once you are inside the 30 days prior to departure period, any major changes such as date changes, accommodation changes (where you change where you are staying), decreasing the number of people, bikes, bags or seats on transport will be deemed a cancellation and the cancellation policy will apply.
4. CANCELLATION (or partial cancellation). Most trail bookings involve several operators – bus drivers, bike hire company, accommodation providers etc. In many cases, once your booking with them is confirmed, they have turned away other enquiries. Therefore if a late cancellation occurs, they must be reimbursed for lost income.
These terms apply to a complete cancellation where the whole booking is cancelled or a partial cancellation where some members of the group cancel but the rest of the group proceed. In the case of a partial cancellation then any refund due will be calculated based on the customers that are cancelling, for example, if two people from a group of ten cancelled outside 30 days for departure then 50% of their portion of the deposit would be withheld.
All cancellations must be made in writing.
(a) Cancellations outside of 30 days to departure: 50% of deposit withheld.
(b) Cancellations between 30 days and 14 days to departure: refund of payment is dependent upon whether accommodation providers are able to reallocate rooms to other guests. In the case of bikes, no refund is available as we need to resource at least 30 days in advance in order to cover our obligations to you.
(c) Cancellations within 14 days of departure and while on trail: No refund available. Note that this cancellation policy also applies to all services, for example if you’ve arranged for us to transport your bags and you arrive with fewer bags than you’d previously arranged, no refund will be provided.
We highly recommend you take out travel insurance to cover unexpected eventualities. Believe us when we say that strange things happen from time to time that prevent you from arriving, mean that your flight is delayed, or that you have to exit the trail because something has happened back home. Travel insurance helps mitigate this risk and is available for domestic and international customers from a range of companies. Travel insurance is very good value compared to forfeiting the cost of a trip. You can find some helpful links on our travel insurance page https://shebikeshebikes.co.nz/travel-insurance/
5. RATES – Stated rates may be subject to change without notice until payment of deposit and the subsequent confirmation with the provider. Shebikeshebikes contract a number of 3rd party providers and they may decide to change their rates at any time. In the case that a 3rd party provider changes their rates then we will pass that charge onto you.
6. MODIFICATION – We reserve the right to modify these terms and conditions from time to time.
7. INHERENT RISK AND SAFETY – The Client accepts that cycling and associated activities have inherent risks, and can be dangerous. The Client understands that these risks include (but are not limited to): illness, navigational difficulties, rough riding conditions, poor weather, and collisions, all of which may occur in isolated areas. The Client accepts all responsibility and liability for ensuring their own safety. Shebikeshebikes reserve the right to withdraw any person who it believes is likely to be a danger to themselves or others.
8. CLIENT LIABILITY – To the extent permitted by law I hereby release, waive, discharge, hold blameless and indemnify SHEBIKESHEBIKES LTD and all persons entities and contractors connected to SHEBIKESHEBIKES LTD from any and all liability for death, disability, personal injury (including mental injury), property damage, property theft, loss of personal equipment and all other foreseeable risks, claims or actions of any kind (including negligence) whatever and however occurring which may arise, at any time, from or in connection with, directly or indirectly, as a consequence of me carrying out the activities detailed in my itinerary. The client must provide their own travel insurance to cover their expenses in cases of unforeseen circumstances. The client must provide any medical details that may adversely affect their participation (e.g. asthma, pregnancy, chronic conditions) at the time of booking, so that we may discuss contingency planning with you.
8. BIKE HIRE – If the client has chosen to contract us for BIKE HIRE then the Client is liable for damage caused to any bicycle hired from SHEBIKESHEBIKES LTD while using or in charge of the bicycle. We expect that bikes will experience general wear and tear and are very accepting of this, however this does not extend to broken components where the user has had an accident, has been negligent or purposefully damaged the bicycle. In all cases, the Client will accept responsibility and pay for the repair of damaged or broken items, noting that we will only pass on the wholesale cost (inc GST) of the component plus any labour. Examples of damage may include (but are not limited to) the following
– Buckled wheels due to impact, being jumped on or driven over, or placed in a bike rack and allowed to fall over.
– Flat spots on tyres due to repeated skidding
– Broken, damaged or missing cycle computers
– Broken, damaged or missing bicycle lights
– Missing puncture repair kits or the components from a puncture repair kit
– Missing or damaged helmets. Should you experience a serious fall with a head impact, we will need to replace the helmet at your cost.
– Broken pannier racks due to impact or overloading or doubling a person.
– Broken derailleurs, brake levers, shifters, bent crank arms, and ripped saddles due to impact or operator error
– Broken E-Bike batteries due to failing to secure, dropping or improperly handling the battery
SHEBIKESHEBIKES LTD will endeavour to provide the Client with the requested type of bike, eg MTB, Comfort bike, kids bike or E-Bike. From time to time this may not be possible due to reasons outside of its control and we will provide an alternative bike. In the case of an E-Bike hire we will always endeavour to source an E-Bike from another local company if possible. We will endeavour to get you onto your requested type of bike as soon as practicably possible during your journey. Possible reasons why this clause may take affect are
– previous hirer damaged the bike and we have been unable to repair it in time, or has failed to return the bike at the arranged time and location
– you, the Client, have provided incorrect measurements and we have subsequently provided a bike
– shebikeshebikes have made an administration error when booking and resourcing your bike
As we continuously update our bikes and manufacturers modify / change the names, styles and availability of particular models we may need to resource a different make or model from what we intended. In such cases we will seek to source the best alternative to fit the required style of bike. As such we may not provide the exact model that you’ve requested but we will always provide the style (eg MTB, Comfort, Kids, E-Bike etc).
9. PERSONAL POSSESSIONS – The client acknowledges that they have sole responsibility for their personal possessions while undertaking the activity.
10. NEW ZEALAND LAW – This agreement is governed in all respects by the laws of New Zealand and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of New Zealand. Visitors to New Zealand must have full insurance due to limited ACC cover. Note that these Terms and Conditions are subject to any rights or remedies the Client may have under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
Change log – 2/4/18 – changed cancellation terms and conditions